Hey everyone!! Yesterday I watched this amazing movie – Monte carlo and thought of writing a small review and sharing my personal thoughts on it. It’s an 2011 American – adventure romantic comedy film.
The story is about Grace (Selena Gomez) , a normal teenage girl who plans of traveling to Paris after her graduation. To Grace and her best friend Emma, it’s one of their biggest dreams. Even though she is not on good terms with her elder step sister Meg, she is forced by her parents to take her along on the trip to get a family bonding. Their trip doesn’t quite turn out to be good, from losing their tour bus to getting stuck in a bad hotel room, they don’t even get to look at their dream destination spots and thus making the trip even worse. It’s when a paparazzi mistake Grace for the spoiled celebutante British heiress Cordelia and as soon as the girls realize, they grab the chance to live that moment. The three girls are then taken away to Monte Carlo, where they discover royalty, luxury and romance. The background is set in Paris capturing all the city of lights and making this film even more beautiful.
What happens when the original heiress Cordelia returns back? How the girls are going to get out of the major trouble awaiting them? I’m leaving it for you guys to find.
I like movies with a happy ending. This movie is one such kind which has put a big smile on my face and let me sleep peacefully after watching it. As a big fan of Selena Gomez and her acting skills, this movie was like a chef’s kiss.
It also gives an important message at the ending. Grace realizes that it’s always good to be true to yourself. Emma finally understands that money and luxury don’t give happiness than being with your loved one and Meg also gets to see that after every loss and heartbreak, there is always love and a new happy beginning. I think these are the kind of movies that this generation of teens are missing.
The way the plot unfolds is so satisfying to watch. It’s totally a must-watch film from my side and you’ll never regret it.
Personal likes or favorite scenes:
1. The funny clips of Cordelia, the real heiress, being rude with her servants and them making out silly actions to please her. Selena gomez’s dual acting was on point.
2. When the girls first reach the palace and get excited over wearing all the expensive jewels, royal dresses, thousands of makeup sets and heels coming in bulk to their room at service. I mean which girl would just sit and watch!?
3. Their adventure of rescuing the missing necklace which is their only hope to help the charity for the poor conducted in the name of heiress Cordelia.
4. Decent and down-to-ground romantic moments.
5. How can I forget about mentioning my favorite character Theo, the prince of the story. Everything about him was just fine and his accent was damn attractive.
Soundtrack and music featured:
The best!! If you haven’t noticed, the song ‘who says‘ by Selena Gomez was featured in this movie. There was also some lovely French traditional music like La Vie En Rose – single version in between.
Emma: Let me tell you one thing about shoes, Meg. If they ain’t hurtin’ , they ain’t workin’!
Meg: we will get caught!!
Grace: And then you’ll get to say ‘I told you so!’
Grace: I finally found a boy who likes me for me… and I’m not even me.
Cordelia (with disgust): Does anyone speak English?
Servants (confused): It is not English we are speaking?
Have you watched any other movies starring selena gomez like ‘another cinderella story‘, ‘princess protection program‘, ‘wizards of waverly place‘? If not, you are definitely missing such good pleasant movies.
I hope I covered everything. Thank you for reading.
Signing off for today!! ✨